Why, oh why, is it in Kolkata that:
- there are practically no street signs?
- there are no rubbish bins, only endless rubbish?
- not a single policeman I asked had the remotest idea where anything was?
- men urinate on the side of busy roads, in full view, without a second thought?
- every shock absorber in every taxi is completely shot?
- today, a 1l bottle of mineral water cost me 15 Rupees (25cent) on the side of the street and a Gin and Tonic in the Kenilworth cost over 1,000 (over €14)?
- notwithstanding all of the above, this teeming city of 15million still works?
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad